It seems that every month or so I will get an email from my daughter that reflects some kind of discouragement she is experiencing. Whether it is with those she has been teaching, a lack of teaching opportunities, or just discouragement about her personal progression, there is always an opportunity for us to give her some added encouragement.
This is one of the reasons I started this blog. I am sure there are plenty of mums out there who have had similar feelings, or similar questions.
So the other day I sat down and started jotting down some ideas. Just some ideas of things I can talk about on Missionary Mum’s Meeting Place (MMM). Before I knew it I was up to about 50.
So here are a few from what I have come up with so far…just to wet your appetite.
- You call that an email? Ways to get your missionary to write better…
- Mum, I think I landed on another planet! Handling culture shock
- When your mission is cut short. Perspectives from a mother.
- Why is it that father always knows best? The importance of a father’s counsel.
- When marriage takes precedence. This one’s for the girls…
- Carry neither purse nor scrip. The lengths we go to, to dress our missionary.
- The Romney Affect. A quick call out for how Mitt Romney has affected missionary work.
- 10 things I love about missionaries. From my precious YW
But, what is motivating me the most is that I get to have lots of guest writers. I certainly don’t have all the answers or all the experience, so I am going to mix it up a bit and invite lots of friends and fellow bloggers to contribute their perspectives.
I am really excited to start. So I will sign off now and get writing…